Search Site

This search form uses an instant search feature. As you type, search results will appear automatically below the search field. When you've entered you desired search terms use tab to navigate through the available results and hit enter to open the selected page or document.
Getting Work Permits over Summer Vacation
Getting Work Permits over Summer Vacation
Mark Dressler
Monday, May 18, 2020

Instructions on Downloading Work Permits & How to Fill Them Out

  • Go to link and print out the work permit application form. (bottom of page)
  • Fill out the top two sections; Minor’s Information and School Information.
  • Take application to employer and have them fill out section, To be filled in and signed by employer, regarding job. Employer must sign and date application.
  • Have a parent/legal guardian sign and date application.
  • Email completed application to Mrs. Bibbins.

A Social Security number MUST be provided or a work permit cannot be issued.

Use this for the school information:

Sentinel High School  OR  Waterford Independent Studies Program

121 S. Reinway Ave. Waterford, CA  95386

Phone: 209-874-9017  

You may need to using a scanning app on your phone to upload document for email

  • A work permit will be signed and emailed to you. Print, sign, & date. It is recommended you keep a copy for your records.
  • Give signed & dated work permit to employer


A few notes on work permits:

Valid for one school year and only to the employer designated on the work permit.

Students may work 4 hours on school days and 8 hours on non-school days.

Must meet and maintain eligibility requirements while working


Work Permit Application

Work Permit Rules Summary Chart