Enrollment / Registration

Required Documentation Needed for Registration:

Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children only biological parents or legal guardians may register a child into our district. Also, the person who registers any child will be required to present the following documentation:

  • TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCE in Waterford Unified School District:

  • CURRENT mortgage/property tax bill or rental/lease agreement AND A

  • CURRENT utility bill (MID, PG & E or City of Waterford Water/Sewer) with correct name and address

  • Shared Residency Affidavit, if applicable

In addition, the following documents are needed for registration:

  • Proof of Age:  To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:

    • Certified copy of the birth record

    • Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth

    • Baptism certificate

    • Passport 

    • When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age

  • Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if your child is receiving special education services

  • Guardianship / Custody papers (if applicable)

  • STUDENT TRANSCRIPT/REPORT CARDS (Grades 9-12, for all previous high school classes taken and check-out grades, if during the school year)

  • Immunization record: Complete record of immunizations for the child (TDAP required for Grades 7-12)

  • All immunizations must be current as required by California State Law (Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375 (formerly Sections 3380-3390); California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075) 

  • Although SB277 does not allow for personal belief exemptions, it does allow for medical and homeschooling/independent study exemptions. The medical exemption can only be obtained from a licensed medical doctor (M.D.) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.).  There is not a specific form for the medical exemption. Instead, a doctor must generate a letter on official letterhead with the following information: 

                       * confirmation that immunization is not recommended based on the child's physical or medical condition

                       * identification of which vaccines are being exempted

                       * a statement of whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary

                       * signed and dated by the medical provider

As of August 1, 2019:  ALL Kindergarten and TK students must be compliant with ALL REQUIRED immunizations to enroll.

  • Required Immunizations for all students (IMM-222) English / Spanish

    • IMMUNIZATION RECORDS: Must show evidence of the following Immunizations:

      • 4 doses of Polio (3 if one given on or after age 4)

      • 5 DPT (4 if given on or after age 4)

      • 2 MMR (2 doses given on or after 1st Birthday)

      • 3 Hepatitis B (series must have been started prior to enrollment)

      • Varicella (Chicken Pox Vaccine - specifically for out-of-state students)

      • 1 Tdap (Whooping Cough booster on or after 7th birthday)

*Families that lack stable housing due to economic hardship can immediately register their child(ren) in school without the regularly required documentation. Parents/guardians do need to provide this documentation at a later date. Please let a staff person know if this is your situation. Placement of families in transition or foster children is a high priority for registration, and we will work with families to get their children registered.

K/Kindergarten Registration Required Documents

Here are forms for enrollment: 

1st Grade Only

  1. PHYSICAL EXAM (Must have been 6 months prior of school starting)

  2. DENTAL EXAM (Must have been 12 months prior of school starting)

Please be advised that packets will not be processed if the student does not have the required Immunizations.

Inter-District Transfers

A student who resides outside the Waterford Unified School District boundaries may apply for enrollment in the Waterford Unified School District. You must first obtain an Inter-District attendance permit from your student's resident district. Until you have provided us with the release from your resident district, we cannot consider enrollment for your student. Approval is pursuant to Board policy and Education Code 466600-46611. Placement decisions for students wishing to attend WUSD for the 2020-2021 school year is not made until after July 23, 2020. Please note that Inter-District permits must be renewed on a yearly basis and may be revoked at any time.

Students who reside within the Waterford Unified School District boundaries may apply for enrollment in a district outside of WUSD boundaries. Approval is pursuant to Board policy and Education Code 466600-46611. Applications for Inter-District attendance permits are available at the WUSD District Office located at 219 N. Reinway Ave. Bldg. 2 between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. If you wish to print them online, please be aware that you must submit the original form in person to the WUSD District office. We will not take faxed Inter-District transfer forms.

Residency Affidavits

If living in the residence of another person, that person must accompany the parent at the time of registration and present their utility bill and current photo IDBoth parties must complete the affidavit stipulating the registering parent lives in the residence of another person. The parent must present their photo ID and then may register.

NOTICE: A registration determined to be secured by false, misleading, or deliberate omission of information to establish residency in the Waterford Unified School District will be considered null and void.